Google has announced new features to the Google My Business API, a brand new GMB agency dashboard & also launched a partner program.
Google My Business API Version 4.1 Features
- Customer Provided Media: You can now retrieve and view insights for user generated photos and video for locations you own & manage.
- Admin Management APIs: You can now list, accept, & decline account and location related invitations for your account.
- Merchant Provided Description: Describe your business in your own voice and share with users the unique story of your business & offerings.
- Opening Date: Provide the date that your location opened for business.
- Offer Type Posts: A new type of Post on Google, helping users find deals available at your locations.
The new agency dashboard is designed for those who manage multiple businesses and gives these folks:
- Single Organization Accounts on Google My Business to manage all locations and no longer limited to 100 locations.
- User Groups to manage internal teams and control access to locations.
- Improved search functionality enabling users to efficiently search for locations within an account and across location groups.
- Easier workflows to send and receive invitations to manage listings.
Trusted partners will be eligible for early access to new Google My Business features, a partner manager, and the potential to be featured on the Google My Business website. You can sign up for notification of this program here.