Videos are a great way to provide relevant content to interested parties in a user-friendly way. Videos are also a great way to improve the click-through-rate (CTR) to your website and website engagement. This practice has come to be known as Video SEO.
The 3 Factors That Can Propel Your Video to the Top of the Search Results
1) Relevant Content. Shoot a video that your intended audience will relate to. You know your target market better than anyone.
2) Attractive Production.
- Lighting -- A poorly lit video will have your audience hitting “Skip to next video”.
- Attractive background -- display banner, flowers, paintings, books.
- Branding -- Add your logo and company name to your video to lend the content the credibility it deserves and get some brand awareness.
3) Solid SEO Strategy. Communicate to the search engines what your video is about.
- Embed your video with HTML. YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia and other video uploading sites provide simple embed codes.
- Use schema.org markup to make it easier for the search engines to index your content for maximum exposure.
- Transcribe your video. Remember, Google understands text...not your voice, facial expressions, or hand gestures.
- Include a description and keyword tags. Use non-competitive words that the average person would use when searching for similar content. Google AdWords is a free tool intended to help with your keyword research.
- Link back to a relevant page on your website.
Video SEO creates brand awareness, improves your onsite SEO and builds a solid content marketing campaign. And, it is super shareable! For help with your video SEO/content marketing, call us today.